Intern at INFORM!
Your work may entitle you to academic credit. Please check with your college.
INFORM is looking for interns to help with the following:
INFORM is an equal opportunity employer. For more
information about working at INFORM, see the main Careers page.
Design and Production Internship/Volunteer Position
Print Production internship/volunteer position.
INFORM, a 33-year-old national environmental nonprofit organization, is seeking an intern to assist our Design Director.
INFORM’s research identifies innovative business practices, technologies, and products that prevent damage to natural resources and safeguard public health. INFORM’s outreach and technical assistance helps government, businesses, community groups, educational institutions, and environmental leaders reduce pollution and waste and promote sustainable product designs.
The production intern/volunteer would:
* Redesign format and layout our quarterly newsletter for print and email.
* Design brochures and other collateral as needed.
* Maintain or update current print collateral.
* Handle relationships with printer when needed.
* Request and develop estimates for print runs.
* Assist with mailings when needed.
* Working with editor on copy editing all publications.
* Updating or formatting web pages with Dreamweaver.
* Maintaining PDF formatted fact sheets.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to:
* Gain extensive experience in print design with an environmental focus. Exploring greenest methods for print production.
* Work with a dynamic group of environmentalists
* Learn principles of pollution prevention and sustainability
Specific skills: Adept in: Quark, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. This is not a 'training' position in these programs.
2 years print design experience (this can be volunteer or activist experience).
Print portfolio required.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, meticulous, responsible, takes initiative, communicates well verbally and in writing, and is either in college or has already graduated - or a career changer with design skills looking for experience in the environmental field.
At a minimum, this internship requires 15 hours a week, though if you have your own equipment - working from home is a possibility.
We are looking for someone who can make a 4 month commitment.
This position is unpaid but, has the potential to become full-time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a competitive benefits package for full time employees.
Please email cover letter and resume and any relevant links to
Liz McLellan, email@example.com
PLEASE MARK - Subject: INFORM INTERNSHIP
design director - internet strategist
Strategies for a Better Environment
(please use email)
The Communications Internship offers the opportunity to:
- assist in the crucial work of building the Communications Office;
- investigate potential audiences and outreach partners for INFORM's
research and advocacy initiatives;
- collaboratively develop and implement communications strategies for
particular research reports and the organization as a whole; and
- conduct public relations functions for the organization under the
direct supervision of the Communications Coordinator.
This internship is flexible and ongoing, and can be organized around
existing schedules and other commitments. While this internship is unpaid,
every effort is made to ensure that communications interns are able to
substantively contribute to the projects that interest them most while being
exposed to the many facets of communications work at INFORM.
For more information about this internship, please contact Laurie Rich.
We are looking for high school (juniors/seniors preferred) or college
students to help with research on potential donors, foundations, and
corporations. Interns will work closely with the Development Department as
well as other research areas. Duties will also include data entry and
database management, web site input and updates, and work with senior
research associates on INFORM projects.
For more information about this
internship, or to learn more about interning or volunteering at INFORM in
general, please contact Denise Jaworski
at (212) 361-2400, ext. 240.